GREAT MEADOWS REGIONAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
Virtual or Remote Instruction Plan for the 2022-2023 SY
Equitable Access and Opportunity to Instruction
- Teachers will provide instruction via Google Meet platform and assignments through online textbooks, Google Classroom, and web-based resources. All teachers in GMRSD have access to quality online materials and resources and are trained in the use of these methods.
- The length of the school day will be commensurate with the normal daily schedule at each school building, for a minimum of 6.5 hours.
- All teachers have access to Google accounts, Remind and Class Dojo apps, and GMRSD-issued email. This allows for tracking of assignments, communication between teacher and student/parents, and time-stamped due dates.
- Grades will be posted in a timely manner on the Real Time SIS and in Google Classroom.
- All students have Google Chromebooks with individual accounts and access to Google Classroom.
- In the event of advance warning of a closure, teachers will also send textbooks and paper-based materials home with students for accessibility during closure.
- Students self-identifying a need for technology assistance will be provided a hotspot to allow for virtual instruction at home.
- Administration and support staff will assist with distribution the materials needed for equitable access to instruction.
- In the event a student is unexpectedly unable to access the internet, all efforts will be made to provide alternative work. The student will not be penalized for missed assignments and will be afforded reasonable time to make up work upon return to school.
- Any issues with equitable access that may occur during the period of home instruction will be directed to the attention of the Building Principal and resolved in a timely manner.
Addressing Special Education Needs
- Students with IEP needs will meet regularly with their special education teacher for IEP-specified instruction.
- All accommodations and modifications will be provided to the greatest extent possible.
- Related services (speech, PT/OT) will be provided virtually and documented by the Related Service Provider.
- Teachers and/or case managers will meet with parents virtually or by phone to ensure needs are being met.
- CST testing and meetings will be conducted virtually, whenever possible.
Addressing English language learners (ELL) Plan Needs
- Students with ELL Plans will receive instruction by a certified ESL teacher as part of their daily instruction.
- Materials will be provided in alternate language, if needed.
- ESL teacher will serve as translator for students and/or family members in need of such services.
- Daily and/or class period attendance will be taken by the teachers and reported in the Real Time SIS.
- Students frequently missing classes will have families contacted by the main office or guidance staff.
- Accommodations will be made to ensure regular attendance (i.e.-contract with student/parents, daily check-ins, etc.)
Safe Delivery of Meals Plan
- GMRSD will provide days and times of meal distribution for all who wish to participate.
- GMRSD will work with Maschio’s Food Services to determine the logistics of the distribution and communicate it to the school community.
- Supervisor of Buildings and Grounds will develop a plan for routine inspection of acilities during closure.
- The LEA will ensure essential employees are identified and a list is provided to the county office at the time of the LEA’s transition to remote or virtual instruction.
- Students who require accelerated learning opportunities will meet regularly with the GATE (Gifted and Talented) teacher and be provided enrichment activities by homeroom/subject area teacher.
- Guidance counselors will meet with their regular student caseloads virtually and provide resources to families and teachers on ways to cope with stress of virtual learning.
- Extended Learning Programs, funded by ARP ESSER and ESEA grants, will be run virtually to provide support to students identified as at-risk.
- Extracurricular clubs will still be held virtually whenever possible.